How to rack up in pool – Proper pool setup
We’ve all been there. It’s your turn to rack up the pool table. You grab the triangle and attempt to get the balls into some sort of organised order but it never looks right!
So read this and learn how to set up a pool table properly and next time it will be a breeze for you.
Racking up a standard 8 ball game in pool
Eight ball pool is played with 15 object balls (7 solid, 7 stripes and the black 8 ball) and the cue ball. Check out the diagram here and follow the instructions below.
- Get the rack or triangle and place it on the pool table.
- Place the Yellow No.1 ball at the top or apex of the triangle.
- Ensure that the Black 8 ball is in the middle of the pack.
- Ensure the balls in the bottom left and bottom right corners are a solid and a stripe. It doesn’t matter which is which.
- You can now place all the other balls at random. You can also put solids and stripes together.
- Roll the balls in the triangle towards the dot to position them and make sure the Yellow ball is over the dot on the table.
- Making sure the balls are tightly packed together lift the triangle off and break off.
So there you go. Rack up the proper way a few times like this and it will become second nature to you. Just remember Yellow No.1 ball at the top, Black 8 ball in the middle and a solid and stripe in each bottom corner. The rest is up to you! Easy!